Handwritten notes and illustrations are captured using an ink filled rechargeable digital pen & base unit attached to normal paper. Your notes can then be uploaded via USB cable to Mac or Bluetooth to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Once notes are saved to your Mac, they can be converted into typed text (30 languages are supported including English & most European, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, Russian etc) which can then be imported into word processors, such as Pages, Microsoft® Word and Open Office. Notes uploaded to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch device can be exported to email, iCloud, facebook, Twitter etc
While connected to your Mac, the pen can be used as a mouse (input device) across all applications, useful when using applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Coral Draw or Inkscape.
The pen can also be used with the 'digital inking' feature in Mac OS X.
- Remotely captures handwritten notes, signatures, maps & sketches
- Bluetooth connection to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices
- No need for batteries, recharge the digital pen and base unit via USB
- Once captured, plug in and convert handwritten notes to typed text thanks to the FULL MyScript software included
- MyScript learns your handwriting
- Stores 100 full pages of A4 text
- Export or copy into MS Word® and other applications
- Small, portable and simple to use
- Use pen as a mouse/stylus
- Tablet and inking features with Mac ink applications including iWork, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop etc
- Use with ordinary paper and ink
- Create a backup of your notes
- Converts in 30 languages
- Email notes quickly
- Recycle your used paper
The mobile notes has two mode:
The rechargeable digital pen and base unit capture handwriting, remotely while the base unit is disconnected or in real time while connected to your Mac. You can save your notes to your Mac, where they can be stored allowing you to recycle your paper. Notes can then be converted into editable text with the MyScript recognition software included. From there you can export straight into applications such as Pages or MS Word®. While you are away from your Mac, notes can be uploaded to a iPad, iPhone or iPod touch device and shared via email, iCloud, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Mouse Mode turns the rechargeable digital pen into a mouse (input device) with hovering and 2 button functionality. Using the included MyScript recognition software, your handwriting can be converted in real time replacing your keyboard in all applications requiring text entry. The MyScript software also allows you to digitise handwritten mathematical formulas. You can also use the pen as an input device across all application, for example: sketch on paper while also capturing in Adobe Illustrato, Inkscape or Autodesk Sketchbook.
MyScript Notes Features
- Convert manuscripts, diagrams, tables and freehand drawings
- Full text formatting: highlight, underline, colours, alignment, etc
- Convert all or part of your notes
- Save the original manuscript and converted notes within a single file
- The MyScript Trainer improves the recognition of your writing
- Personalise the dictionary to automatically replace abbreviations and acronyms
MyScript Conversion Languages
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (Canada)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
Included in the Box
- 1 x e-pens rechargeable base unit
- 1 x e-pens rechargeable digital pen
- 1 x CD (software & manuals)
- 1 x Carry case
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Stylus
- 6 x Ink refill
- 1 x Quick start guide
Minimum System Requirements
- OS X® 10.5 and above (32 or 64 bit)
- 50Mb HD space
- Min 32Mb RAM
- Min 16 bit colour
- 800 x 600 screen resolution
- USB Port
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||£150|
|VAT Class||VAT 20%|
|MyScript Solutions (included free)||MyScript Notes Mobile, MyScript Notes Studio, MyScript Stylus|
|Compatible Systems||Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC|
|Pen Style Included||Rechargeable Pen|
- Pro for MacReview by Jack
Write Your Own Review
Not a game of chase in the playground...but our acronym for Trade, Academia & Government (so it could fit into our tab!).
If you are an individual looking to buy a small number of digital pens you can ignore this section, if however you are from a Trade, Academia or Government organisation, please read on.
If you are a reseller, please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to see and checkout with discounted pricing, access more material in our "useful downloads" tabs, and be able to order marketing material.
EU VAT Registered Business
If you are a non-UK EU VAT registered business, we do not need to charge you VAT on anything you buy from us (as long as delivery is outside of the UK), please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to checkout without having to pay VAT.
If you are buying on behalf of a school, college, university etc and would like us to invoice you, please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to enter your "Purchase Order" details within the checkout. We occasionally also offer special prices for our Educational customers!
If you are buying on behalf of a government department, local council etc and would like us to invoice you, please sign up here. Once your account has been authorised, you will be able to enter your "Purchase Order" details within the checkout.
We normally authorise these "special" accounts within a few minutes during business hours but if may take a little longer in the evenings or at the weekend.
To discover your delivery cost, please add the products you need in the required quantities to your basket and then visit the shopping basket page. If you then enter your delivery address details, all available delivery options will be displayed.
We try our hardest to despatch all orders received before 13:00 (Monday to Friday) on the same day.
For more information, please click here.
We know that you will be pleased with your purchases from e-pens Ltd. However, there may be occasions when you will need to return items to us. Generally, we will be happy to refund or exchange the product providing it's in fully resaleable condition and you have notify us within 14 days of receipt of the item. For more information, please click here.
All new goods supplied by e-pens Ltd have a 12 months manufacturers' warranty period from the date the goods were delivered (unless otherwise stated). For more information, please click here.
To start your warranty and obtain your MyScript activation key, you need to enter the serial number found on the back of your receiver into www.e-pens.com/register.
We pride ourselves in offering excellent customer service and support. There are lots of useful videos on www.youtube.com/user/epensltd and previously answered questions on each product page and articles in our knowledge base (try our search as well to find answers!) but if you have any other questions or need a hand setting up your device, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Could we ask in the following way:
- Simple product specific questions can be asked directly on the product page by click on the "Ask a Question" link below the product name.
- Contact Us Form - this is best for those complicated or confidential questions
- You can of course, send an email to if you cannot access our Contact Us Form
- Livehelp (located in the bottom right corner on all our website pages) or Skype chat - this is best if you have time and the device to hand and we'll step you through the process there and then
- No digital recording for reference which is always handy to refer back to, but feel free to call us by telephone on 020 3005 9727 if within the UK, +442030059727 if calling from outside the UK or Skype voice
Often the quickest way of solving the problem is for us to logon to your machine and fix it ourselves. If you are happy with us doing that, we may ask you to download this software, for a PC or for a Mac.
e-pens Education Feedback
Can I use "normal" paper?
Yes you can write on any paper. You will have both, hard copy and computer image of the written material. Paper sizes up to A4 are supported by e-pens.
What size are the ink cartridges?
The refill size is 67.0mm long X 2.35mm diameter with nickel platted tube. These are manufactured by many recognised Pen manufacturers.
Please take a look in our knowledge base.
Ask Your Own Question
Questions on mobile notes pro for mac
- From Ross at 07/02/2014 17:21
- What advantages does the mobile notes PRO have over the basic model?
- better rechargeable pen
- more software
For a full comparison, please see:
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- (130 of 243 customers found this question/answer helpful)
- From Lynn Kennedy at 20/02/2014 04:11
- I bought Nobile Note Taker but it only has Windows compatible software Is it possible to download Mac software?
- You would have to buy the MyScript software from here: http://www.e-pens.com/uk/software/myscript-studio.html
However our software can be downloaded for free from here: https://www.e-pens.com/uk/downloads/dl/file/id/11/note_manager_for_mac.zip - if you are using MyScript, you don't need it anyway
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- (124 of 236 customers found this question/answer helpful)
- From Bea at 28/12/2015 17:36