Become an Agent
Who are we?
Based in the UK, e-pens ltd are a leading manufacturer of digital pen technology with a range of products that can be used in conjunction with Windows PCs, Mac OSX, Android, Blackberry, iPhone and iPad, iPod touch devices.
Where are we looking for agents?
We are currently looking for agents in the following countries (however if you are from another country, please contact us anyway to express your interest):
- New Zealand
- United States (we will divide into several geographical regions)
How many agents are we looking for?
We are looking for one agent per country. If several interesting parties apply, we will select one agent and suggest to that person they try and work with the other parties who are interested. It will be up to the lead agent to decide how to split the work and commission. The work and commission could be split in a number of ways, such as:
- by geographical region.
- by sector (independant retail stores, large chain stores, university, b2b, tv sales etc).
- perhaps you could all agree to spend the same length of time working.
What do we need you to do?
We would like you to do the following:
- promote our products to shops and end users.
- sell via a dedicated online shop that we will provide for your market - please see the Spanish regions shop at www.e-pens.com/es as an example. You don't need to worry about maintaining this website, sending orders, taking payment etc...we'll do everything for you. All you have to do is push as many people to it as possible!
- limited after sale customer service...basically to prevent returns. We have a dedicated support person however language is sometimes a barrier so some questions will go via you.
What we will give you to help you promote the products?
We can help in the following ways:
- We will make available a dedicated online shop in your language. You will be able to edit the translation if you feel it needs improving.
- Your dedicated online shop will link directly from www.e-pens.com homepage.
- We will create a local campaign within our Google Adwords account, where we will spend £100 a month on adverts you control targeting people to your website.
- Flyers & posters for each of our products in your language will be provided digitally.
- Three of each products on loan.
- "Back office" assistance, such as advert design, etc
- Access to useful marketing tools such as facebook, mailchimp or twitter e-pens accounts.
- Your own e-pens email address, telephone number (which you can access via VoIP) & voicemail.
- We are happy to consider contributing towards any marketing you do...we obviously have to like the idea! We will also need a copy of the invoice and marketing before payment.
- Most importantly, all enquires we receive from your territory will be forward to you. The sale can then be processed via your website...and you in turn will receive your commission.
What do you get out of it?
- You will receive €100 per month for "basic management".
- You will receive €20 per item on everything sold (excluding accessories) via your dedicated online shop that is not returned within 14 days for a refund - although not compulsary, we would expect you to reinvest some of this income in marketing. We would expect you to sell between 100 and 250 e-pens across the whole range a month if your campaigns were relatively successful. Obviously this equates to between €2000 and €5000 income a month.
What is "basic management"?
We do not have a fixed definition but it is activities such as:
- Making sure your dedicated online shop looks good
- text is correctly translated
- chase customers for product reviews & testimonials
- arrange for blog articles to be added in your language (regular articles is great for SEO).
What other skills are we looking for?
- It would be very helpful if you spoke English fluently.
- An understanding of Skype.
- A good knowledge of online sales and marketing, retail channels, b2b, telephone sales, email newletters etc.
A few other conditions...
- You will have non-exclusive rights over your market.
- Your commission will be paid on the 25th of each month, if it is under €200, it will be rolled over to the following month.
- The contract can be terminated by us:
- immediately if your dedicated online shop generates less than ten sales per month for three consecutive months, or
- by giving you six months notice.
I am interested, how do I apply?